FFA Update

Eve Froiseth, Staff Writer

FFA had its first meeting on September 1st in Mr. Rueckheim’s Room. They discussed electing officers at the next meeting. This homecoming FFA will be decorating a float.  The first upcoming state event is the Leadership Workshop on September 21st in Whitehall and they will be leaving at 2:30, returning around  8 p.m. At the latest meeting, held on September 8th,  all members voted on officers and reviewed upcoming state events. 

Junior Marty Roesler was elected as the president and he will ​​coordinate all activities. The Vice president will be Senior Kyle Leis he will assume the duties of the president if necessary. Skye DeBoer who is a sophomore was elected as Secretary and Reporter. Skye will send stories to district and state FFA reporters and record FFA activities with pictures. Junior Sydney Laursen will be Treasurer and she will keep records of chapter receipts and deposits and share treasurer reports at chapter meetings. Junior Emily Fechner was elected for the Sentinel she is responsible for preparing the meeting room, welcoming guests, and reminding members to be considerate of those presenting and in attendance. The next meeting will be held on September 12 in Mr. Rueckheim’s Room.