West Salem Robotics Team goes to Regionals!

Janaeja Savage, Staff Writer

Pre-Competing: The West Salem High School Robotics team is going to regionals! They have been working hard and they’re very excited. Sophomore Leah Beyer said, “Our team is very excited to be at this competition, because half of us have never been part of the team for a competition, we’ve only spectated and the other half hasn’t been able to do this for two years.” Regionals are being held at the Lacrosse Center on Friday, March 31st, Friday, April 1st, and Saturday, April 2nd. They’ve been preparing for this event, having a scrimmage and improved and fix their robot after the scrimmage. Beyer also says, “We were able to learn a lot about our abilities and weaknesses.” Robotics regionals are set up where teams practice driving on the real game field on the first day, second day is for making any adjustments from the first day, and the third day are the elimination matches. They have a good team this year and have high hopes!  

Post-Competing: Regionals didn’t go the greatest for the West Salem Robotics team. They worked really hard together as a team to sort out all of the problems they were having but they only ended up scoring 6 points. Sophomore Haley Chandler says, “We had some bad luck and a few complications, but we worked really well as a team to overcome the problems and tried our best to be an asset to our alliance members.” Although this season didn’t go as planned, the team is very excited to show they’re talents next season.